WRONGROOM

My adventurous projects in the world of audio-electronics.

warning : I'm a musician, NOT an electrician. What I do to my own equipment, is not necessary correct! I enjoy doing DIY stuff, and thought it was cool to put up a kind of studio tech-diary, a modding-log

Thank you for looking, and I hope you enjoy what you find here!

best, Kaada

Jan 27, 2008

CUBE60-BASS


Colleagues and other musicians are asking me why the f*** I spend so much time studying electronics and modding my gear, instead of doing what I should be doing, namely to make music! But to me there's just no difference. The process of making a unit sound better, or whatever effect, is just another side of making music. Beside I'm more conformable on stage when I know how my instruments work, and how they are built.

Todays DIY project was to fix an old bass-amp that I haven't used for ages. It's a Roland cube60-bass. It's a soft sounding amp, but for bass - especially in studio-use, is an advantage. The pink textile on the front is my fault...gulp. what can I say.



Here's what I did to the pcb : As a mod, I changed the uF values on the mid-tone EQ, and went for a bigger pot (250K). Then I swapped out the old caps, and found a stupid D22A diode, which I changed for a more normal type. don't remember exactly, think it was a 4148 diode. The grounding was tied up, new jackinputs and new caps.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 1:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    good idea to keep your kube60 up to date it's a cool amp!

     
  • At 12:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well written article.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home