WRONGROOM

My adventurous projects in the world of audio-electronics.

warning : I'm a musician, NOT an electrician. What I do to my own equipment, is not necessary correct! I enjoy doing DIY stuff, and thought it was cool to put up a kind of studio tech-diary, a modding-log

Thank you for looking, and I hope you enjoy what you find here!

best, Kaada

Apr 22, 2006

gear manipulations

G-SPOT SPRING FLANGER- cheap - flangers have a tendency to lay itself on top of the sounds, instead of blending in they often sound superficial. I have installed a small spring-reverb into my Flanger. I grabbed the springs form two mini guitaramps and stringed them inside. It makes my job more exiting to create alterations of everyday instruments. Is there anything more joyful than a huge, massively over-engineered effects pedal covered in LEDs, tiny switches and retro synth knobs? There are many reasons people choose to modify commercial musical gear. Upgrading internal components like capacitors and op-amps can clean up the overall sound. Likewise, providing a cleaner power supply can reduce hum and increase headroom, and help add fullness to the low end. Adding extra controls and patch points to an analog synthesizer can yield a much more expressive instrument, and allow you to interconnect it with your other gear.


SUGARDADDY 3000

Is a combination of a wahwah, a delay and an boss overdrive
pedal. Circuit bending is the art of ripping apart electronic toys and turning them into sound/music-making devices. The process of circuit-bending involves taking cheaply available electronic soundmaking toys and adding extra wires, knobs and switches to make new connections between parts of the internal circuitry and chips.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home