WRONGROOM

My adventurous projects in the world of audio-electronics.

warning : I'm a musician, NOT an electrician. What I do to my own equipment, is not necessary correct! I enjoy doing DIY stuff, and thought it was cool to put up a kind of studio tech-diary, a modding-log

Thank you for looking, and I hope you enjoy what you find here!

best, Kaada

Oct 15, 2008

studer 169 upbrush


Salute to passionate audio engineers all around the world! Guess what? I found a 10channel Studer 169 at a flea marked. Covered in sand and trash. The electrolytes and some of the film-caps were no good. Hope to test it on an upcoming mix here at the Wrongroom ...real soon.

A supergreat source for servicemanuals, mods and other interesting documents can be found on studers ftp. ftp://ftp.studer.ch/Public/Products/Mixing_Analog/169-269/

The pre-amps sounds absolutely stunning, just brilliant!, both clean and overdriven. Kinda like API desks? This desk will be on every mix from now on, in some way or another.

I did almost every mod documented in the papers from studer. The insert-outs were moved to after- the filters, mute and faders - so that each channel can be used separately in a mix.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home