WRONGROOM

My adventurous projects in the world of audio-electronics.

warning : I'm a musician, NOT an electrician. What I do to my own equipment, is not necessary correct! I enjoy doing DIY stuff, and thought it was cool to put up a kind of studio tech-diary, a modding-log

Thank you for looking, and I hope you enjoy what you find here!

best, Kaada

Oct 2, 2008

PULTEC MIDTONE EQ

LAWO & SRPP HAND IN HAND,

New build. Two MEQ5 equalizers in one! Both sounds cool, and very different from each-other. The LAWO is a slightly modded DV973/3 board. (Had to change a few resistors to get the same gain as the SRPP). Had some troubles with hum, but some unexplainable experimental grounding-cabling removed most of it. The power-toroid was put in an external box. And I had to swap the 3K3 2W resistor into a 20K to get the correct voltages on the PSU part of the SRPPboards
The eq-inductors are from Sowter
Under the large caps, there are 560K bleeder resistors
The AC/DC PSU for the LAWO is from JLM. it takes the 12VAC to 24VDC




Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home