WRONGROOM

My adventurous projects in the world of audio-electronics.

warning : I'm a musician, NOT an electrician. What I do to my own equipment, is not necessary correct! I enjoy doing DIY stuff, and thought it was cool to put up a kind of studio tech-diary, a modding-log

Thank you for looking, and I hope you enjoy what you find here!

best, Kaada

Mar 12, 2008

yeah recapping man

damn, how important it is for musicians and studio owners to know how to recap. I honestly didn't know how much diffenence it could do. If you wanna take it further than just recapping, and are looking for a well written electicity-book, I would recommend a book called “Tab elecronics : GUIDE TO UNDERSTANDING ELECTRICITY AND ELECTRONICS”. This is the first book that I really enjoyed reading, and that finally made me understand the concept of good biasing among other things.

today, I worked on my Fender Twin. After recapping, it felt like the cleanest Fender, most beautiful amp, ever. If you're into vintage instruments and stuff, then you have to get comfortable heating that soldering iron.


and here's a pic of my recapped ol' Peavey Classic. Didn't have 200uF caps for the PSU, so I put two 100uF in parallel. The springs and the depth-tremollo in the old peaveys are extremely cool.
oh, When I record 4x10 or 4x12 cabinets, I often disconnect all but one speaker. Depends on the song off course, but generally the sound gets cleaner and easier to work on when it only comes from one speaker instead of four.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 6:31 AM, Blogger Miguel Moreira said…

    Thanks for the tip on the book. Already order it. I also feel like going more into the electronic side of sound. Your blog, as your music is an inspiration for me. keep it up Kaada

     

Post a Comment

<< Home