WRONGROOM

My adventurous projects in the world of audio-electronics.

warning : I'm a musician, NOT an electrician. What I do to my own equipment, is not necessary correct! I enjoy doing DIY stuff, and thought it was cool to put up a kind of studio tech-diary, a modding-log

Thank you for looking, and I hope you enjoy what you find here!

best, Kaada

Feb 4, 2008

AMS RMX16



My adventures in the exiting world of audio-electronics continues with an upbrush in my AMS rmx16 - the all time favorite reverb, ever!... Its an evergoing project to keep this thing alive, and every year another component goes down. The chips are a nightmare to swap. And sone of them are almost impossible to find. Thanks to David Kulka for all the good tips

I've searched and looked for the schematics for the AMS rmx16 for two years now. It seems like it was never released. So I just had to jump in, and see what could be done with my limited knowledge. After cleaning the unit for old stuff and sticky glue (thanks to degreaser)
After cleaning, I changed almost all the capacitors. probably around 100! I even took out some of the pF caps. Ugh... Found some nasty tantalums in there plus some really rusty ribbons. Then I cleaned the buttons and swapped some of them, +swapped the battery, and rebuild the PSU plus the components placed below the battery.
look! new tantalums!


- Got the new fan, buttons and ribbons from www.studioelectronics.biz. .... Wonder how long it will last before it goes down.... again

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

  • At 5:34 AM, Blogger CalabazaBlog said…

    NICE BLOG!!!!

    calabazablog.blogspot.com
    www.calabaza.it

     
  • At 5:34 AM, Blogger CalabazaBlog said…

    NICE BLOG!!!!

    calabazablog.blogspot.com
    www.calabaza.it

     
  • At 12:51 PM, Blogger Marte Marie said…

    hey! That looks funny! :D (I'm a computer geek, so everything like computers and things that look like that I find interesting)

    Good luck with getting the last of the "sound-wrongings" away =)

     
  • At 12:37 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hello !!
    Great Forum !!
    I'm French and i'm looking for a RMX16 manual.
    Do you knows were I can find one ?
    Have you got one ?
    Thanks a lot !!
    20sons@gmail.com

     
  • At 3:25 AM, Anonymous silvester said…

    Nice job! I have the same machine.I switch this thing today on after 1 year.Dont work proper.I have the same question like some before me.Do you have schematics for rmx? Please help us? Thx in advance!

    silvester

    silvester.znidarsic@siol.net

     

Post a Comment

<< Home