WRONGROOM

My adventurous projects in the world of audio-electronics.

warning : I'm a musician, NOT an electrician. What I do to my own equipment, is not necessary correct! I enjoy doing DIY stuff, and thought it was cool to put up a kind of studio tech-diary, a modding-log

Thank you for looking, and I hope you enjoy what you find here!

best, Kaada

Mar 9, 2008

RAYTHEON RL-10

The tolerance for electrical-noise is low in the world of filmmusic (where I do most of my studiowork) so if I'm gonna use old equipment, then they need to be pretty clean sounding. The hum in my Raytheon RL-10 has been growing quite annoying, and therefore it hasn't been used much. So I gave it a shot. Here's some pics of how it came out. All the parts that could be changed, was changed with newer and better parts. The rotary switches was cleaned with a supersonic cleaner and all the cables was changed and got earth-shield. This was my first compressor-tubeunit repair project. The next time I work on it, I will hope to be skilled enough to swap tubes, and to improve the circuit. And not just swapping parts with newer ones. Ugh... so much to learn...

BACK :

FRONT :


Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 8:55 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hi there,
    Was wanting to know if you would consider selling the Raytheon RL10.
    I've been looking on and off for the last ever.
    Thanks,
    Mat.
    matrobins@gmail.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home