WRONGROOM

My adventurous projects in the world of audio-electronics.

warning : I'm a musician, NOT an electrician. What I do to my own equipment, is not necessary correct! I enjoy doing DIY stuff, and thought it was cool to put up a kind of studio tech-diary, a modding-log

Thank you for looking, and I hope you enjoy what you find here!

best, Kaada

Apr 16, 2009

6As6 tube injector

These electronic projects are just getting more and more fun for each build! I´m hooked and actually addicted to this stuff now. No way out. must.... build ...more...agh...bzzzss-.....zap!

A tool for getting some life and soul into samples or a bit of tub'ish harmonics into tha tracks. This is a clone of a more famous tube distortion, but the schematics can and will not be shared. sorry. have to keep these papers for my-selves. anyways, it functions as a tape-emulation, but with two 6AS6 tubes for stereo. 10K:10K transformers on both in and output. stepped attenuators and a Voltage Regulator Stabilizer Tube in the PSU. Mostly wima caps in the audio chain. They gave a more "crispy" sound than the other caps I tried. By the way, you just can't go wrong with Wimas. E88cc tube on the output

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 10:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi,

    Can you share some more info about this one ?
    Is it based on the Culture vulture ??

    Greetings,
    Jim

     
  • At 2:58 AM, Anonymous Kupfer said…

    Hello,

    I've been experimenting with the 6as6 tube too. I see that you cannot share the schematic but could you perhaps answer a few questions?

    I tried it with adjusting the cathode resistor on the 6as6 only, kept the extra control grid (g3)at +6V.
    On pictures of the Culture Vulture I can see that the bias control is a dual pot. What is controlled with that double pot?

    I also tried different pentode configurations : G2 not decoupled to the cathode (nice compression effect) or decoupled and of course the triode config.

    It would be nice if you could share some info regarding the configuration of the 6as6.

    Thanks,
    Kupfer_m

     

Post a Comment

<< Home