WRONGROOM

My adventurous projects in the world of audio-electronics.

warning : I'm a musician, NOT an electrician. What I do to my own equipment, is not necessary correct! I enjoy doing DIY stuff, and thought it was cool to put up a kind of studio tech-diary, a modding-log

Thank you for looking, and I hope you enjoy what you find here!

best, Kaada

Sep 8, 2009

sound ideas

chimes
Hang resonating objects in ropes, next to each other, and set them in motion. Shells, bamboos, forks, sticks, ice, screws… whatever you've got, and believe in. These sounds are great for blending into pads or strings and especially in film-related settings. They can bring synthetic sounds stuff to life

On some filmwork I did last year, I used a violin-bow on some dangling metalchimes. Came out pretty nice in the end, as a light angelic atmos-thingy tingeling-thing,

Typewriter
If you’re into doing strange stuff, take it apart and install the typing-hammers it in front of other objects. Maybe piano strings(!) or mallets?, strings, Drums ?

Labels:

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home